Welcome to the MIT ECS Installation Instructions site!
This site will walk you through creating a web site for collaborative teaching similar to ECS Demo. The demo site and this instruction site were created using the MIT ECS tools, which enhance the web-publishing platform WordPress to support communities of educators.
We recommend you follow the instructions in the order they are posted on the top menubar:
- Platform: how to install the core WordPress platform.
- Theme: how to install the MIT ECS “theme” to get the ECS graphical style.
- Plugins: which WordPress “plugins” to install in order to get the ECS functionalities.
- Template: how to get a starting set of pages for a collaborative teaching site.
- Widgets: how to customize your sidebar on the right hand side a la ECS Demo.
- Advanced: once you have an ECS-type site, how to create content as an editor!
If you need help, feel free to contact us by email at ecs-contact(at)mit(dot)edu.
So, let’s begin! Your next stop on the ECS express is the Platform page. Smooth sailing!
The ECS Team